Cathays Branch and Heritage Library
Cathays Branch and Heritage Library provides library services offering a wide variety of books and computer access. We also provide access to the Cardiff Heritage and Local Studies Collection, where you can view historic documents, maps and photographs.
As well as housing regular library stock, here at Cathays Heritage Library we also collect and catalogue material relating to the history of Cardiff for educational and research use, including:
· Local books, leaflets and bound articles
· Newspapers (hard copies and microfilm)
· Maps (including Ordinance Survey and Tithe)
· Family history resources (including street directories, electoral registers and parish registers)
· A comprehensive collection of photographs and prints
· Historical and contemporary periodicals and annuals.
· Online resources
- Full Library service
- Free wi-fi
Library servicesSearch, renew or reserve an item online
- Public computers
- Talking books
- Online services
- Welsh language publications
- Community language publications
- Reading and relaxation area
- Parent and toddler groups
Events at this hubView all events at this hub
Christmas opening hours
All Hubs will close at 12pm on Saturday 24 December and will reopen on Wednesday 28 December.
Hubs will be open their usual hours until 12pm Saturday 31 December.
Please note that from the 28th to the 30th December, any branches usually opening 10am-7pm will change to 9am-6pm.
Hubs will reopen on Tuesday 3 January.
|Monday||9am to 1pm and 2pm to 6pm|
|Tuesday||9am to 1pm and 2pm to 6pm|
|Wednesday||9am to 1pm and 2pm to 7pm|
|Thursday||9am to 1pm and 2pm to 6pm|
|Saturday||9am to 1pm and 2pm to 5.30pm|